UNTHA staff spotlight – Tobias Gangl
He’s a crucial member of the team responsible for UNTHA’s ongoing shredding innovations, but when he isn’t trying to tackle the waste industry’s evolving challenges, you might find Tobias on a mountain!
Name: Tobias Gangl
Job title: Product Management
- What does your role entail?
I’m responsible for new innovations and developments within our waste shredding division.
- How long have you been with the company?
I joined UNTHA in January 2014 and moved into this product management role at the start of 2018. Before that, I worked in the company’s construction department.
- What’s the best thing about your job?
I enjoy the variety, new challenges and the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in different UNTHA departments, as well as the various suppliers we partner with.
- Of all the places you’ve visited during your time with UNTHA, which has been your favourite?
Cittadella in Italy – it’s a really beautiful town.
- For you, which is UNTHA’s stand-out shredder?
Without doubt, the XR-series! The XR is a very strong, compact machine, with a modular, flexible construction that can achieve an optimum shred with so many customer applications.
- What’s been your biggest work achievement, since joining UNTHA?
I have been very involved in developing and constructing the XR-mobile shredder and the machine’s new X-Cutter cutting system, including the cutting bar.
- Describe UNTHA in three words:
Customer-focused, reliable, quality.
And finally some more light-hearted questions:
- What’s your favourite food?
There are too many culinary delights on the planet but I prefer fish and meat dishes.
- How do you relax on a weekend?
I do a lot of sport, like mountaineering, ski-touring and running.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
A fishing rod, so I’d hopefully have fresh fish to eat every day.