UNTHA staff spotlight - Thomas Rest
Name: Thomas Rest
Job title: Sales and business development manager
1. What does your role entail?
I´m responsible for sales of UNTHA shredders in Austria, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia and the Russian Federation. I specialise particularly in recycling applications so am a ‘go to’ colleague for clients who need help shredding materials such as WEEE, confidential waste, metals, plastics and more.
2. How long have you been with the company?
I joined the business in March 2017.
3. What’s the best thing about your job?
Since 2006, I have held a number of different sales positions. I love to develop solutions in collaboration with the customer and get a smile at the end!
4. Of all the places you’ve visited during your time with UNTHA, which has been your favourite?
I´m lucky enough to have visited and experienced lots of different countries. During my time with UNTHA I particularly enjoyed exploring the region of Moscow, which I was particularly impressed by. But my love for travel doesn’t compare to the location that has the most special place in my heart – Kuchl, where I’ve been living since 1977.
5. For you, which is UNTHA’s stand-out shredder?
Everything depends on the application of course, but generally, the bigger the better!
6. What’s been your biggest work achievement, since joining UNTHA?
Gaining trust from customers to invest in quality products.
7. Describe UNTHA in three words:
Time to shred!
And finally some more light-hearted questions:
8. What’s your favourite food?
That´s easy, I like everything! If it’s well cooked, I usually enjoy most cuisines, but Italian, or more generally, Mediterranean is probably a favourite.
9. How do you relax on a weekend?
Most of the time I’m at home around the mountains!
10. If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
I could not imagine being anywhere without my family – they make me what I am!