UNTHA staff spotlight – Christopher Ramsauer
As Christopher Ramsauer approaches his ten-year anniversary with UNTHA, he shares some of his experiences of working throughout this shredding business…
- What does your role entail?
My job is very client-facing. When a customer has placed an order, I’m then responsible for preparing everything including project confirmation documentation, the parts list and schedule of activity. This ensures seamless communication and a high quality commissioning process.
I also manage projects from start to finish; test the waste shredders prior to handover; deliver operator training; and collaborate with our subsidiary companies worldwide, to offer support on their waste shredding projects too.
- How long have you been with the company?
It will be my 10-year anniversary this December.
- What’s the best thing about your job?
I’ve worked on some technically varied and challenging projects which, as a highly-skilled engineer, keeps my job very exciting.
- Of all the places you’ve visited during your time with UNTHA, which has been your favourite?
I’ve visited some great locations throughout Europe. I don’t always get to see as many sights as I’d like, because we’re usually so busy on clients’ plants. However, I was particularly impressed with the landscape in Ireland.
- For you, which is UNTHA’s stand-out shredder?
It has to be the XR series – both the static and mobile waste shredders have set the global standard when it comes to high quality, profitable RDF, SRF and biomass production.
- What’s been your biggest work achievement, since joining UNTHA?
I have worked in a variety of roles at UNTHA, including machine design, development, product management and project engineering. It is great to have played a part in the evolution of these different departments.
- Describe UNTHA in three words:
An ‘innovative solutions provider’.
And finally some more light-hearted questions:
- What’s your favourite food?
Authentic Italian Pasta. I could eat it every day!
- How do you relax on a weekend?
We have some amazing countryside close by in Kuchl, so I love spending my time in the mountains, climbing or biking, for example.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
My girlfriend, of course!