UNTHA staff spotlight - Richard Espenberger
One of our newest team members Richard steps into the staff spotlight this month, to talk about everything from his favourite shredder to his favourite food!
Name: Richard Espenberger
Job title: Junior product manager
- What does your role entail?
I have a very varied job. One minute I could be arranging customer demonstrations of our new XR mobil-e shredder and the next I could be supporting our sales managers with new client proposals. I will soon be responsible for helping our subsidiary company UNTHA America with any machine, parts or new machine queries that they have.
- How long have you been with the company?
- What’s the best thing about your job?
That every day is different. I could never get bored. I am also lucky to work with some very friendly and supportive people – there’s a real sense of teamwork at UNTHA.
- Of all the places you’ve visited during your time with UNTHA, which has been your favourite?
I’m typically office-based as I need to be available centrally, to support my colleagues when they need my help so as yet, I haven’t visited too many overseas locations.
- For you, which is UNTHA’s stand-out shredder?
The XR mobil-e. ‘Innovative’ is an overused word nowadays, but it describes this machine perfectly.
- What’s been your biggest work achievement, since joining UNTHA?
I remember the very first demonstration I organised, for a customer in Germany. Because it was my first demo, I’m very proud of that moment.
- Describe UNTHA in three words:
Reliable, customer-orientated, flexible.
And finally some more light-hearted questions:
- What’s your favourite food?
My mum’s potato casserole or pizza!
- How do you relax on a weekend?
I enjoy sports such as volleyball but am equally happy being lazy and taking time out with my girlfriend and friends.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what is the one thing you couldn’t live without?
My girlfriend, of course!